Basic White Bread
1 cup warm water plus 3 Tablespoons
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1. Preheat oven to 350.
Add liquid ingredients to bread machine pan.
2. Add dry and make a well in the middle
3. Divide butter and place in corners
4. Add yeast to middle
5. Set machine for dough
6. When done, turn dough out onto floured surface and knead into loaf
7. Place into greased loaf pan and let rise until doubled in size
8. Brush top of loaf with water.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
9. Take out of pan and let cool before you slice and serve.
This recipe has many adaptations.
-Add garlic powder, basil and oregano for Italian bread. Perfect for meatballs.
-When you turn the dough out slightly roll it, spread it with butter, cinnamon and sugar, roll up and follow the rest of the recipe for cinnamon bread.
-Cut thick and this makes awesome French Toast- hint for Sunday morning, Honey!
- Cut the crusts into 1" squares, spray with non-stick spray and dust with your favorite herbs & shredded cheese for home made croutons. Just bake until toasted.