The bread was a wonderful success! Yuuuuuu-my! It was super easy too. I may never need my bread machine again as I just used it for kneading and never baking. Heck, I've got my food processor and KitchenAid mixer for that! One less thing to clean and put away is good, especially in a kitchen that is less than 100 square feet.
Honey Wheat Bread
1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
4 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a small bowl, combine water, honey, sugar: sprinkle with yeast. let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes
2. In food processor, combine flours and salt. While the machine is running add yeast mixture just until the dough forms a ball. If too wet, add small amounts of flour just until ball forms.
3. Knead dough by pulsing until it is smooth and no longer sticky, about 30 times.
4. Spray large bowl with nonstick spray; place dough in bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let dough rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
5. Punch down dough and turn out onto floured surface. Pat into 8x12" rectangle. Fold into thirds, pinching the seams to seal and form and 8" loaf.
6. Spray an 8x4"loaf pan. Place dough in, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
7. Preheat oven to 350 and bake on center rack until it sounds hollow or internal temp in over 190. About 1 hour.
8. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.