Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, my bread didn't turn out like it used to. I think my yeast is bad. It just didn't have the rise I wanted. Still pretty tasty, just a little on the dense side. That and I used a bakers trick of putting a pan of water in the oven while it baked to make a crusty crust and it was more like armor crust. Maybe another try Thursday after I get more yeast.
Tonight I don't think I will cook. We get to pickup our new recliners! Hey, if we are going all the way there we might as well make a night of it. Maybe if there is room in the truck we will stop and get one of those cheap plastic wading pools for Gryffin. The one we have is great but its labor intensive to set up.
My mother-in-law, Dianne, stopped by yesterday for a visit after getting back from vacation. She went to visit her family in New England and boy was I jealous. A few years ago Mike and I drove up there for a visit and I fell in love with it. Vermont is awesome! We rolled down the windows and it was like getting hit in the face with a dozen pine scented air fresheners, except this really smelled like pine! His family is spread out between there, New Hampshire and New York State so we got the full tour. Maybe next year we should take Gryffin, a 26 hour car drive with a two year old sounds like a great idea. Hee hee hee.

No comments: