Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Whats your Procrastination Justification?

Procrastination has been a life long battle for me. Its almost like an addiction in that sometimes I just can't help it and I don't really know why. I do have a perfect excuse though. I would much rather play with my son than just about anything else in the world. But that excuse doesn't always hold water in that if I play with him over cooking a nutritious meal then we eat junk, or if I play with him over cleaning then we live in a dump. Even the perfect excuse isn't perfect. I've been procrastinating on so many things around here I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. From cleaning the tub and laundry to working next door and getting ready to move. The idea of cleaning a house I know I won't be in for much longer isn't exactly helping. Someday I am going to jump into Diagon Alley and get a wand, man being a muggle sucks.
I used to follow the FlyLady, http://www.flylady.com/index.asp, program but the page got so convoluted and well, cluttered (how ironic) that I just stopped reading it. But today I am taking a page from them and declaring it Antiprocrastination Day. I am going to be a Nike commercial and 'just do it'. I've found that if I don't think about it and just get up off the old porta-cushion and do it I am more successful. I guess its the mental buildup of it, kind of like knowing your most reviled relative will be at a function you are attending and you allow just the idea of it to ruin your chances of enjoying yourself. (Yeah, I have no experience with that scenario as my loyal readers know)
What is your Procrastination Justification and what is it that you ALWAYS put off doing? Let me know, maybe we will start our own support group.
Anyway, I am off to divide and conquer. Divide the laundry loads and conquer the soap scum. Well, after I finish my coffee anyway. A girl can't be expected to stop procrastinating until the caffeine is consumed.
">Link

No comments: