Friday, May 25, 2007

Tip of the day...

I'm going to have to try this one as I have the patience of a second hand. I haven't successfully made bread in a long time as I got rid of my bread machine. I never used it to bake, only knead. It was an older model and the loaf was vertical instead of horizontal. Although, we did come across one the other day that was a convection bread machine that could even be used for canning. I've always wanted to learn how to can and make jams. Too bad is was almost $100. I may have to break out the old stand mixer and give it a try kneading that way. Yes, I'm lazy and avoid getting my hands doughy at all costs. Besides, have you ever tried to knead dough with a two year old? Just when you get into to the rythm someone decides to rip off his poopy diaper and sit on every surface he can find. I'm speaking from recent expirience, recent as in this morning. Needless to say, the bread didn't turn out. But our furniture and rugs have been cleaned!

Must try tip....
Proofing Yeast DoughsYeast doughs that normally take an hour or more to rise at room temperature can be proofed in the microwave in about 15 minutes. Place the dough in a very large bowl and cover with plastic. Place an 8-ounce cup of water in the back of the microwave with the bowl of dough in the center, and set the power as low as possible (10 percent power). Heat for 3 minutes, then let the dough rest in the microwave for 3 minutes. Heat for 3 minutes longer, then let rest for 6 minutes. The dough will double in bulk.
">Link

No comments: