Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dreams can come true...

Every year we go to the same place for vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my parents in the desert and would not give that up for anything. However, I would really like to add a second vacation to the yearly travels as well. Now that Gryffin is getting a little bit older it would be good to expose him to more the world. I would hate for him to turn out like me and have only been to three states. That and lets face it, if you haven't been to any of the major theme parks in this country you really haven't lived.
Browsing around today, mostly dreaming, I came across this site. I never in a million years would have thought that we, a family of three, could go to Orlando for less than $500 per person. Including air fare on US Airways. That is not staying at some hotel where the only stars are the ones in faded paint on the vacancy sign either. It is for the Wyndham Orlando Resort, a three and a half star hotel. I have never stayed in a three and a half star hotel in my life. That in and of itself would be enough of a vacation for me. The Wyndham has it all, forty two acres of peace, located close to everything and complimentary shuttles to Universal, SeaWorld and Wet 'n Wild. This way we wouldn't even have to rent a car and deal with traffic nightmares. Now I could take or leave the water park. With my coloring there is no such thing as fun in the sun when water is around but Universal and Seaworld I would love to visit. Just for poops and giggles I checked out how much Mike and mine's dream vacation would be. I was incredibly shocked, in a good way though. A four star hotel in Dublin, Ireland for less than a $1,000 a person. Come to think of it, that may not be such a dream afterall. The possibilities are limitless too. Just using this one site can take us anywhere in the world with so many different lodging choices, rental cars, air fare and price ranges we could become world travelers. I can see myself as a jet setter, the big Audree Hepburn sunglasses and shoes that were never created to be comfortable but look so good I wouldn't care.

href="http://www.HotelReservations.com">Hotel Reservations

No comments: