Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Mad Scientist's Daughter...

On vacation Mom and I joked that Dad is a mad scientist in the kitchen. He never uses a recipe and adds a little of this and a little of that and ends up with a masterpiece. Me? I'm the one who thinks recipes are good guidelines. I rarely stick to one- even the first time I make it. Tonight is no different. I don't really feel like cooking, it's hot. I took a look in the fridge to inventory my supply of eyes of newt and dragon tongue. Nope, all out of those. But I do have left over crab rangoon filling and won ton wrappers along with ricotta cheese and a jar of pasta sauce. Hmmm, I think I feel and idea coming on. It kind of tickles too. So in my lab I chopped some bacon, browned and drained it and added it to the crab rangoon. Then I mixed the ricotta, parmesean, garlic, basil and oregano. I dropped about a Tbs of one of the fillings onto a won ton wrapper, brused the edges with water, put another won ton on top and sealed them up tight. Then I flash froze them on some wax paper. Tonight (hopefully) just boil some water, add the sauce and throw together a salad and dinner will be done. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
">Link

No comments: