Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Reprieve

I have been granted a reprieve tonight. Muther is sick as usual so tomorrow's play date that I'm hosting will just be for fun instead of therapy. That and to keep too many witnesses around so I don't have opportunity of physically harming the contractor from hell. Not that I would ever do that. I talk the big talk but when it comes down to the walk I run away.
Speaking of said contractor, he yet again has asked for an advance on the job. He has promised that he would finish tomorrow but had to subcontract out the floor because of his incompetence. He asked for $300, he's only owed $450 total, and wants to pick it up tonight. Too bad, so sad. By the time he asked Mike had already left work and our bank is in the neighboring state so all of our checks have holds put on them by the local banks. Of course, we could always hit an ATM to get the cash but I wasn't about to tell him that. I just told him that we would have to discuss it when Mike gets home. Amazing this guy can walk with those kahunas.

No comments: