Monday, August 27, 2007

1 down 1,000,000 to go

General contractor is gone. Bye bye! After he tucked tail and ran I kept having nightmares about him sneaking back and lighting the house on fire. Yeah, I'm paranoid. Last night was the first night of real sleep I've had in a long time.
Electrician is scheduled to start tomorrow and I'm hoping the experience won't give me more stress. With the housing market the way it is, in the toilet, we are hesitant to put it on the market, at least at a price that would make us happy anyway. The subject of renting came up, was shot down by Mike and later brought up again by him. Neither one of us is really thrilled with the idea of it. I've seen the way my renter friends have treated their abodes and I've heard the horror stories of the messes my rentor friends have been left with. One involved a mummified turkey in the oven that had turned into a condo for maggots. Hope you're not eating and reading this. Anyway, I think if we come across someone we know who is looking for a place to live then we would rent to them but we aren't going to actively advertise it.
Or maybe we will just use my Dad's sales tactics and slap a '$1,000,000 or Best Offer' sign on it.

No comments: