Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Attack of the 5'4" Contentment Killer!

Have you ever met someone who no matter what is never happy? A person who sucks life out of everything around them? A person who constantly complains but is never willing to do anything to improve their situation? A person who thrives off of drama and conflict? A person who feels the world revolves around them and owes them a better life?
Yup, you guessed it. My muther is coming tonight.
I take comfort in the small things like knowing that when she comes to visit my house will be clean. Maybe not mother-in-law clean but vacuumed, clean toilets and clutter put away. I take comfort knowing that she will most likely be absorbed with Gryffin and only mutter a meager 'hello' at me. I take comfort in knowing that she leaves around 7pm because that is (as far as she knows) when we get Gryffin ready for bed. Lastly, I take comfort in knowing that I will have a nice glass of wine and relax after she leaves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dodged that bullet! What a bummer that El Loco was too "sick" to go to work today. Aren't you glad that she is such a hypochondriac.. and that she's finally wised up to the fact that we compare notes all the time?! Enjoy your evening! :)