Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Here's a shocker... I hate people.

We had our electical inspection by the city today. I don't know how bad we failed but just by the amount of stuff the inspector wrote down in his handy, dandy notebook I can guess it was by a long and expensive margin. From what I understand about our city's electric inspection/permit process, if the work isn't done by one of the city recommended electricians you might as well hand over your deed and wallet. I love this little town but I hate a few of its quirks.
I've also spent most of the day on the phone trying to get contractors out to pry estimates out of them for the work that needs to be done on the place. You would think that if they took the time to come out, measure and write crap down they would call back with the estimate. Apparently they just like to waste their time and mine. A pox on them and their beat up trucks!
I'm tempted to just throw a Fix-It-Up Party. I'd hire a babysitter (or two), invite all our friends and supply them with power tools, paint rollers and beer. Beer only after the power tools are put away though, some I wouldn't even trust with tools sober. I would give out awards like: Best Plumbers Butt, Most Likely To Cut Off An Appendage With A Power Saw and Best Painter With Two Ears. Thats a reference to VanGogh people. I would order pizza and hire a midget on a pony. Ok, maybe not the midget on a pony but you get the idea.
I'm just to the point where I want to be completely moved and done and get that place sold. Its beginning to feel like a really expensive storage shed with a custom kitchen and fireplace. Maybe I should just convert the whole damn place into my studio and teach stained glass classes out of it. Oh wait, the city would never let me do that. They don't even like the idea of me installing my own ceiling fan. Surprised I don't have to pull a permit to change a light bulb.
Your right, I better check my bitterness at the door.

No comments: