Sunday, October 14, 2007

This weekend has been nice, but rough. Mike cleaned out the garage so I can now park the Jeep in it. He has also cleaned the kitchen, twice. We have a long standing arrangement that when I cook, he cleans up the kitchen. I try to keep the amount of dishes and mess at a minimum but sometimes slack on that. He does a great job.
We also went to the mall for some organizers for Mike's tool chest, a book for me and a cookie and train ride for Gryffin. They have this little kid size train that just goes around in a circle and an old fashion carousel. I always try and steer him to the carousel because on the train he has a meltdown as soon as it starts to move. When this happens the operator has to stop the train and either Mike or I climb aboard with him. It was my turn, so we went round and round for a bit and Gryffin really enjoyed it.
While Gryffin is now napping, I have some granola bars in the oven. Apple, apricot, pear, peach and prune with almonds, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips- yum! I call these the everything bars. Gryffin calls them power bars. Fitting I suppose.
Through all of this I have been fighting again. I really, really, really don't want to go back on antidepressants but if I'm having this much trouble this early in the season, it can't be a good sign. I know when I lose interest in cooking and keeping the house clean that its only the beginning. If I can rebound in a week or two then I don't consider medication. Its been a month. Maybe I should bite the bullet and go to the doctor. Get it over with and on with my life because there are way too many great things that I feel like I just can't enjoy.

No comments: