Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Today while Gryffin is in Day Out I am getting tested for hearing aides. I have been trying not to get my hopes up too much but... I really (really, really, really, reeeeeaaaaaalllllllllyyyyy) want to qualify for this trial of a new model made for people like me, can't hear what someone is saying if there is any background noise or the person isn't looking at you. In social situations everyone sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher. Whah whah wa waaa. I'm even to the point where if they work I won't even ask the price. Ok, I'll ask but I won't let the price be the determining factor. That is why I need to qualify for the trial. If I do I will get them at a 'substantial' discount, at least thats what the hearing place tells me. But hey, anything will help.
Yesterday I ordered the birthday cake. Still having guilt about buying one but I did have less than two weeks to prepare for this shindig. Ah, there is always next year. I also bought all the stuff for the goodie bags for the other kids in attendance. Not an easy task when Gryffin was with me. You try picking out toys, gadgets and candy for OTHER kids and explain to yours that they aren't for him. Lets just say, he did get a few but total they only cost about $2 and I didn't bribe him, I just gave them before he started to act up. Kind of a 'nip the bull in the buds' thing. I still need more streamer and some balloons. Then its all fun, decorating and wrapping presents. And the weather looks like it might hold out.
I also tamed the wild laundry beast yesterday. Yeah I know, I was going to do that Sunday but the glass of wine and a bubble bath won out. But it is done now. For now anyway. I can't believe how long it takes me to get back into my routine after I vacation or slack off. Luckily, God keeps giving me time to try and straighten myself out.
">Link

No comments: