Friday, April 20, 2007

Doin' the dog funk scramble...

Ok, so now that I have Gryffin in Day Out with some store bought cookies that I'm passing off as my own (bad bad mommy) I am going to clean. Not la-de-dah I'll pick up this and that and feather dust. I'm mean down on my hands and knees, break a sweat scrubbing. Heck even if my house were already spotless I would do this anyway. I just can't entertain without doing this right before. I'm still trying to come up with a way to get rid of the old, dirty, stale dog smell. I love Mojo and Java but sheeewie, they're stinky. That is why we have leather furniture- it doesn't absorb smells. Anyway, I did most of the kitchen and the bathroom last night so I'm in pretty good shape but its the fine tuning and dust bunny hunting thats left.
If anyone has any good tips on getting rid of dog funk PLEASE let me know! Other than getting rid of the dogs people, that is not an option.


1 comment:

cdorsey said...

If you get that dog funk tip...PLEASE PASS IT ON TO ME! The dogs sleep in our bedroom! YUCK!!! We live in a BRAND NEW house and our bedroom smells like...well, dog! I clean their dog kennels weekly, wash their bedding weekly, bathe them weekly but...

And I HATE covering odors. Like just spraying something or lighting a candle...doesn't work for me because I know I just covered it up! Last night I put a bowl of baking soda on top of their kennels, put the ceiling fan on high, and slept with the window open. I'll give you the verdict later when I close everything back up.

Catherine