Monday, April 23, 2007

Back to normal

As normal as it gets around here anyway. Mike is at work, Gryffin is napping and I am enjoying the 20 minutes I give myself for lunch and surfing.

This week I start clearing out the house next door in preparation for us to move there. There is a lot of stuff to be donated. We had debated a yard sale but that is just too much work for the money. Heck, I don't really want to go through effort of packing things up for donation pick ups. I can't just point to a room and tell the guys that everything in there can go. There are some family members that would like a few things. Yeah, less for me to do. I am hoping I my MIL will help on her days off . I imagine it will become a weekend project for both Mike and I as well. I feel for Mike. There are so many memories for him to go through and a lot of emotion that will be hard as well. He's a tough guy but he has a big heart. So big that he has given up his Sunday naps to visit Pa and take him out to lunch. Naps around here are like gold. Rarely found and priceless.

May 8th is THE day. The day I get to pick up my hearing aides. I am so excited and nervous. I really hope they work for me. It will take some getting used to I'm sure. Its weird but after my hearing test I am more aware of my hearing problem. I can't hear most of the higher pitches like women's and children's voices. The deeper and lower tones I hear but can't understand with background noise. My right ear has moderate hearing loss while my left is on the line between moderate and severe. No wonder I usually make it to where my muther is on my left side. hee hee hee.

Well, my time is up. Today is Master Bedroom Day. And it needs it too.
">Link

1 comment:

cdorsey said...

Your doing such a good job on cleaning days. I'm am doing HORRIBLY STILL!!!!! I just can't seem to get back on track!

I can't wait to hear the report on your new ears. I hope they work for you too.

Catherine