Monday, April 16, 2007

And the winner is...

I finally figured out whether or not it is cheaper to buy my meat at Sam's or the grocery store. The winner is... Sam's! Even packaging using my Foodsaver, on average it was $2.50 per pound of meat. That's 10 lbs of chicken breasts, 6 lbs of ground beef, 7.5 lbs of pork that gave me a dozen thick cut chops and a big roast. The chicken will last about six to eight weeks, the rest lasts 8 weeks. Besides, I don't like meat sitting in the fridge for fear of contamination so I would have to repackage and freeze whatever wasn't going to be used within a couple days anyway. And it only takes about 30 minutes to get it all cut up and packaged.
Not bad for a college dropout, actually kicked out but that is another story.
">Link


1 comment:

cdorsey said...

WOW!!! I wish I had a Sam's nearby. I have to drive about 50 miles one way to get to one. There goes all my savings!

Catherine