Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm taking a lesson from my friend Catherine at www.angelfoodcakeisntacandle.blogspot.com and getting back to my grocery budget challenge. I don't have a per meal, per person breakdown. Believe it or not, I'm not that neurotic (yet). I do have my weekly grocery budget amount of $70, not including meat which I usually get from Sam's. This amount is definately do-able since Mike has cut back on the toilet cleaner. Did you know that Diet Coke makes toilets sparkle? Good battery connector cleaner too. Anyway, that stuff is expensive. Unfortunately, so are fresh fruits and veggies. This really hit me when I was in Arizona last week. Produce there is actually affordable and comes in a wide variety. I'm so jealous. Produce and milk kill our budget but we can't give those up or cut back so other areas will have to feel the pinch. I wish I had better gardening skills and could grow some green beans, broccoli, carrots and baby cucumbers for pickling.
I'll let you know how I do.

No comments: