Saturday, February 16, 2008

Restless hands


This is what I did because I needed something easy to do while fighting the flu. I made two purses. The one on the left has tortoise shell handles (they don't show up in the pic very well) and is reversible with an inside pocket. I used a paper grocery bag as the pattern. The smaller one on the right is also reversible and was based on a purse I bought recently. I loved the design of the purse but hated the fabric so I bought it knowing I had the perfect fabric at home.
I don't know what I will do with all these, maybe sell the larger one. Or use it as as knitting bag, who knows!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out beautiful, hon! I love the print on that fabric so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had the flu! Wish I could have been that productive when I had it last week. :) Hope you're feeling better. I love the purses!

Anonymous said...

Super cute purses! Any plans for diaper bags? Elsie Rose would be pretty stylish with a pretty bag in a cool print like that. ;) Hope that you'll be good as new soon. The flu is never fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh definitely keep the big one. It is delicious!

(I hope you are feeling better.)

Anonymous said...

I like your purses and I don't carry a purse. But if I were a purse person I would but it. The fabric rocks!