Monday, November 05, 2007

Playful Monday

Today I hosted playdate. You see, I was stuck here waiting for a plumber that I nicknamed (before meeting him) Harry Buttcrack. Harry said that he would be here somewhere between 11 am and 1pm. In plumber time thats from 11 to February. He showed up about 11:30 and did not fit the Harry Buttcrack moniker. In fact, some of the moms got a little smitten. He was not the sloppy, stained tank top kind of plumber. He was clean and professional and kept calling me ma'am, which kind of pissed me off cause I ain't that old but I knew it was out of politeness. An hour and $200 later my kitchen sink drains! Mike spent most of football Sunday working on it to no avail. Poor guy.
The kids had a blast, so did the mom's. I don't know what we would do without playdate Mondays. I don't dare imagine. But even after the kids are in school, the mom's are still going to have playdate.

No comments: