Friday, November 23, 2007

One holiday down, one to go!

That was the most stress free, enjoyable Thanksgiving I can remember. I think my meds are working. Yeah! We went out to the MIL's where she had finally been true to her work and scaled back. Gryffin did what he does best, run amok and play. Luckily, the cousins were more than happy to chase after him. After we got home we settled in for Survivor. Gryffin snuggled up in my lap and promptly fell asleep. Its been a long time since he did that and I took full advantage of it. Snuggle buggin' is my favorite!
This morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow. Yup, snow! I love snow, its pretty to look at and fun to play in. And when there is snow that means that its not too cold to snow. Around these parts we get a lot of cold but its either not cold enough or too cold to snow. I'm hoping this year is reminiscent of 1982. The year we got several feet of snow. I remember being snowed in, school cancelled for several days and digging a tunnel from the front door to the, well a few feet in front of the front door. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a rarity.
Being that today is Black Friday and Mike is off work, he said something about going to a sporting goods store to look for shoes. This really surprised me. Usually we barricade ourselves in and wait for the retailers to die of exhaustion. Oh well, it can't be THAT bad, can it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really Happy for you all. Now you know what a Holday CAN be. chuckle
Enjoy the weekend!
Love
Dad