Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Day Off

Thats what I've got whether I like it or not. Thanks to the wonky weather 'round these parts my arthritis has decided not to let me sew. Its mainly in my left hand so if you see any typos its because I'm typing with one hand.
Today is Fair Shares day, as is every Wednesday. Its nice to have a food co-op every week instead of every month like the last one I was involved in. Also unlike the last Fair Shares food doesn't seem to have fallen off the back of a truck. Can you imagine having locally grown meat, locally roasted coffee, locally made jams, jellies, peanut butter and syrup? Not mention locally grown veggies? This is only the second week and I am hooked. Plus its fun to be a little surprised, kind of like getting a goody bag of food every week. Many of the ingredients I've never cooked with because I could never justify paying the full price in a supermarket. This way, I pay less and I pay the farmer- not the processor.

No comments: