Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, rattle and roll

Which is exactly what I did last night. We were hit with a 5.4 earthquake. I don't see any real damage, but at 8 am my eyes aren't trustworthy. My consciousness doesn't start until 9, after I've finished my coffee.
I was laying on the couch around 4:30 this morning when things started to move. I thought that either Granny's ghost was pulling funny pranks or we were having an earthquake. I'm very familiar with earthquake like activity. As a kid we lived very close to a rock quarry that would set off explosions every day around noon. It would shake the house, occasionally knock pictures off the wall ad always make me wonder if the house was going to fall apart. It was close to it even without the shaking.
Last night after things settled down I tried to go back to sleep but wondering whether it was Granny or an earthquake kept me awake. You joke, but I'm serious. I fell back to sleep just in time for Mike to kiss me goodbye and tell me that Gryffin had (yet again) crept into our bed and was still in there. I'm definitely going to need a nap today as I was also up late last night working on purses.

No comments: