Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sew much to do!

Memorial Day is a month away and I've got more work to do than a one armed paper hanger. I have about 10 bags made and one apron. That does not an inventory make. Plus I need to figure out something to use for display.
But this is not on the forefront of my mind. Sunday is Gryffin's birthday! Holy crap, my baby ain't no baby anymore. Did I mention than he has pre-kindergarten screening in a couple weeks? I am hell-bent on not reliving the store bought cake disaster from last year. Plastic icing tastes almost as good as it sounds. I have decided to do cupcakes: easy, simple, yummy. I'm going with (duh) a Super Hero theme. I picked up some small Superman figures to place atop the kids cupcakes. Gryffin will have a Superman candle and the cupcake wrappers are also imprinted with the big S guy. Spiderman is Gryffin's favorite but I couldn't find any of this stuff with his likeness so I'm thinking of just decorating some of the cupcakes with spider webs.
Luckily, Mike is taking a 1/2 day tomorrow to help get ready. Between baking and decorating the cupcakes there is cleaning and Gryffin occupying to be done. I figure if I bake Friday, decorate cupcakes and clean Saturday, Sunday will be just a quick dust and straighten before party time.

No comments: