Thursday, December 06, 2007

I can't believe Christmas is so close. Our tree is still bare, there are no other decorations adorning the house, I haven't even thought about the Christmas Eve menu, not a single present has been wrapped. Heck, thinking about it, I don't think I've covered everyone on the Nice list. And no Christmas cards have even been addressed. Argh, here we go again.
I guess this is just part of the holiday season. Being stressed and frazzled so that when the New Year starts it can be done with a deep sigh of relief.
I will take consolation in the fact that I am almost done with knitting my scarf. For a first effort, its not too bad. I will wear it as a badge of honor and hopefully look back on it to see how far I've come. I've kept my first stained glass project for that very same reason. That way, when I really goof something up I can glance over and tell myself, "Yeah, but its a lot better than that piece of crap". Stagnation is the enemy, improvement is the goal- not perfection. Once I'm done with the scarf, I've promised to make one for Mike. Then Gryffin asked me to make him one last night too. I guess I've got my work cut out for me. I figured out last night how to incorporate a multicolored pattern into my knitting so I'm going to challenge myself a little with Mike's. Wish me luck!

No comments: