Monday, March 06, 2006

You've GOT to be kidding...

That is exactly what I thought when I stepped on the scale this morning. I'm usually not one to watch the scale. I gauge it by my clothes. Of course, that isn't working right now because I don't have many clothes that fit. Most of my wardrobe was purchased weeks after my sons birth- last spring. Thanks to breastfeeding they are all too big. Now that breastfeeding is coming to an end I am not burning as many calories sitting on butt. Considering how much I love to sit and do nothing this is a problem.
Two weeks ago I was at 121, today 127. 6 pounds, two weeks, you do the math as to where I will be in a month.
What does this mean exactly? I guess I have to go back to my old habits of Pilates and walking everyday, in addition to my Yoga. Yoga doesn't give me much exercise, it just keeps my sciatic from crippling me.
Oh yeah, and no more ham and swiss with Miracle Whip for lunch. Salads here I come! I am a firm believer in breakfast. If you're going to be a pig do it at breakfast because you have all day to burn it off. Dinner however is my weak spot. After a long day all I want is a comforting hot meal with son and hubby.
There are plenty of blogs out there about people and their diets. I don't intend on turning this into one; afterall, the more you obsess about food the more you crave it. I'm just putting it in writting to hopefully spur me to action and keep my on the right track.
Now where did I put those exercise DVD's?

No comments: