Thursday, March 16, 2006

On guard...

Tuesday I fell into a bad TV drama...
I called a flooring company to make an appointment to have mine repaired, they had previously given me an estimate for the repair along with having them refinished. The owner's wife said that her husband wouldn't do the repair without doing the rest of the house. I responded that this is not what I had discussed with him when he wrote up the estimate and that if I was having this kind of trouble with them now I could only imagine the trouble I would have when the bill arrived and to forget it. I thought that was that. Not so, her husband ( the owner ) called me back a couple minutes later ranting. I thought maybe there had been some miscommunitcation and listened for a few minutes until I realized he was just insulting and cursing at me. I hung up. He called me back and proceeded to threaten the life of my son, my husband and myself! I couldn't believe this and asked if he was serious... he said yes and continued to threaten me. I immediately hung up and called my husband who told me to call the police. They sent an officer to take my statement. During this I learned that this business owner has a violent criminal history. Oh great. I've been on high alert since Tuesday morning and what little sleep I've gotten has been full of night mares. I've locked every door and window and won't leave the house alone. This jerk has made me a prisoner in my own home. I am not a violent person but thoughts of beating this guy to the punch are frequent. I am not proud of that but I want to see any mother whose child has been threatened not feel like this.
Looks like I will just learn to live with a couple plywood covered holes in my hardwood floors! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments: