Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day!

It is the last day of 2008, did you hear?
Ringing in the New Year around here is pretty much the same as ringing in every new day, with the exception of Mike sneaking in for a midnight kiss while I do my best Sleeping Beauty impersonation. I spent my younger New Years Eve's doing what younger people do, spending way too much money and acting stupid. I just don't get the need to be out on the road with a bunch of amateurs. I don't need to sleep in a hotel bed when mine is clean and comfy. I don't need to spend a gazillion bucks on drinks when my favorite wine is here and chilled. I don't need to share a special evening with strangers when I have Mike and Gryffin. Yeah, I'm old, sorry.
Don't let me get you down. If you're going out tonight, please be careful and have enough fun that it will only take a day to recover from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Only 20 more days until the drunken monkey leaves office!

PS-Our NYE was pretty much exactly like yours, and similarly heartwarming. :)

Happy New Year, my friend.