Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Accountability Tuesday

I'm going to lay it bare here, so all of you know. I know at least one of you will hold me accountable for my actions, or lack thereof.

My Weekly Plan:
Mondays- Clean the bathrooms and wash the towels
Tuesdays- Dust & vacuum the whole house and wash the darks
Wednesdays- Clean the kitchen and fridge and wash the lights
Thursdays- Clean the bedrooms, craft room and wash the sheets
Fridays- Wash Gryffin's clothes.

This grand plan will mean that I have no more than 30 minutes of work and two loads of laundry to do per day. Plus, to make sure I stay on track, I've set up reminders to hit my email box everyday to let me know whats on the agenda. Yes, this is where my Virgo-ness gets out of control to the point of OCD.

But all of this crazy, uber-organization has more than just a clean house as a goal. Over the years I've realized that there is a direct correlation between my depression and the condition of my home. You all know the state of cleanliness I grew up in, if you don't, let me know and I will be sure to give you nightmares. Anyway, the worse my house is, the worse my depression is. The more depressed I am, the less I want to get up off my butt and do anything- like housework. It's a never ending circle of disaster. Then there is the super lazy/ hate housework side of me. I flippin' hate, abhor, loathe and throw inappropriate sign language at housework. If I have to face cleaning the whole house in one day I won't do it. It's overwhelming. But if I break it down into little pieces it is bearable. If I can be in labor for 12 hours, I can clean for thirty, even without pain medication.

I know at least one of you are snickering thinking, "Crazy red-head, your house is always clean." Thanks to Mike, it is. But he's been taking on more and more, which has made me feel more and more guilty. He works at a job he doesn't like for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I get to stay home and play with Gryffin all day every day. Its not fair that he should have to come home to another job as housekeeper or use his weekends to catch up on laundry. Of course, this doesn't mean that he gets out of loading the dishwasher after dinner. We made a deal long ago that if I cook, he cleans the mess and why change that sweat deal after its worked so well for over a decade.

So I guess all this being said, I should get off my rear and get on with the laundry, dusting and vacuuming so Gryffin and I can play. I'm thinking maybe some time outside while its close to 60 today before tomorrow when it won't even reach 40 is in order.

No comments: