Monday, January 07, 2008

70 degrees of separation

Around here we have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes." Just a week ago it was bitter cold, not long before that there was snow. Yesterday was in the mid sixties and today is supposed to hit 70! If it were going to be a nice 70 I wouldn't be complaining but its also set to storm. What good is a 70 degree day in January if you can't go out in it! Grrr. That's alright though, I'm sure by next week we will have a blizzard, a dust storm and a typhoon.

Today I'm hosting play date. Let the chaos ensue! There was a time not so long ago when any hint of chaos would send me scurrying into bed. I didn't like noise and kids made me nervous as hell. Now, after almost 3 years of being a mom, parents make me more skittish than their kids and after getting hearing aides noise isn't so scary since I can now tell what the noise is. I've discovered that since I can understand what people are saying I'm not terrified of socializing. I think I've created a monster because I'm also having a Mardi Gras party next month.

No comments: