Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday...

Play date yesterday was much needed for all those in attendance and also much enjoyed.
Today is Day Out and cleaning. In Day Out they work with Gryffin on potty training, which I desperately appreciate. I am not pushing him. He's my kid and he's going to do it when he wants to do it. Of all the things to get from me, my stubbornness was not one I would've chose. He'll go on the potty once in a while, the rest of the time he just asks for a clean diaper. I try to get him to sit on the potty first but it usually doesn't work. I tried bribing him with reading books while he's on the throne. I tried stickers but that was a fiasco because he got all upset that I wouldn't let him put the stickers on the bathroom tile and tub. Maybe I need to try that again but give him the sticker after leaving the bathroom and giving him a designated place to stick it. We will see. I'm taking my time, a small reason is that its one more step away from babyhood. And since he will be my one and only child there are times I mourn the loss of my little baby boy but more often than not I rejoice in the wonderful child that is emerging.

No comments: