Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm up, showered, dressed and even did my hair and what little makeup I wear. That is more than I have done the past few days. Baby steps.
Mike told me last night to just 'do' something. Doing something is the best thing at this stage but its also the hardest. All I want to do is sit, not watch TV or read a book, not blog therapy, just make like a zucchini and veg. Amazing how well I can shut my brain off during the day and at night it works overtime with the worries, anxiety and guilt.
I read this this morning: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070919/hl_nm/exercise_depression_dc;_ylt=Ao6lOTscNU3048b2b_5RIkSCSbYF
My personal opinion and experience has been that exercise definitely staves off depression. But until health insurance companies cover equipment or gym memberships, its just not possible right now. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure- unless your an insurance company. But I won't get all politi-preachy.
I want to get out with Gryffin today and do something, even just a walk but its set to be so stinking hot. We will see.

No comments: