Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm a big boy!




So, the other night Mike and I had stir-fry from the local joint and ate with chop sticks. Ooo, exotic. Anyway, Gryffin wanted to do just what Mommy and Daddy were doing so I fed him a few bites with the chop sticks but that wasn't good enough. He snatched a stick out of my hand and proceeded to stab at everything on his tray. He needed a little guidance but he did really well. This got me to thinking that maybe he is ready to use utensils. I bought him his own little spoon and fork set and a bowl with a suction cup on the bottom. Good idea, but 'Bambam' can yank it up pretty quick. I showed him how to use the fork to pick up his hot dog pieces once and he took over from there. He ate all the hot dog, mostly with his fork. This morning he was ready to try cereal with milk. As you can see, he did really well. (No, I didn't match his outfit to the bowl, spoon or chair, I'm just good like that) My little baby is not so little and doesn't much act like a baby anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to cut his hair!

No comments: