Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Christmas was Saturday, didn't you know?

For Christmas last year Mike gave me a gift certificate to a day spa for a facial and Swedish massage. Good husband. Last Saturday I finally used it. Well, it does expire this month. Anyway, I had a facial for the first time in my life. It was a little weird. I'm not one to have my face touched, especially by strangers.
First I was led into a little room that was dimly lit with soft music playing. I was pointed toward a really soft robe, told to change and get comfy in what looked like a dentist chair with blankets. It was more comfortable than it looked. The woman came back in and proceeded to put gunk on my face, she then wiped it off. Lather, rinse, repeat about a dozen times. I don't know what she was putting on and taking off but one of the applications smelled like cucumber and old shoe leather. The one I enjoyed most was the cinnamon mask. It smelled like fresh baked cinnamon rolls and made my face tingle. After a little face and shoulder massage it was over. I was just getting into it and decided that I just might have to do it again- except for the cucumber and old shoe leather part.
In a couple of weeks I'm going back for the Swedish massage and I am soooo looking forward to that! Its in the morning so I may just have to kiss Mike and Gryffin goodbye early and hit the coffee shop first. Why not make a morning out of it! I'll see.

No comments: