Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Taxes schmaxes.

Gryffin's got another day at Day Out today. I know it might seem kind of insane to be a stay-at-home mom and have him in a program like this. But anyone who has ever been a stay-at-home mom to a toddler KNOWS. I take my few hours of solitude to clean the house and do the laundry on Tuesday's and Friday's to do all the grocery shopping and errands. Today however, I have an added task. One most Americans, at least the normal ones, hate- taxes! I bet a chill just went down your spine just seeing that word. I use Turbo-Tax so at least I don't have to sit and wait in some throw together strip mall office and answer questions like "Are you legally blind?" Duh, did you not just see me park my car and walk in here and sign your little book? I know, I know, they have to ask. Anyway, yesterday I got a good chunk of it done. I am having trouble with the deduction finder and getting an estimated value of stuff I've given to various places. I guess I'm going to have insist on receipts from now on. Regardless, as long as we get enough back to pay off a mattress and a hospital bill, I will be happy. Ecstatically blessed, infact. I remember the first time I tried doing my own taxes. Mike and I were just dating at the time and he did his own so I decided to give it a try, with his volunteer to help if I got stuck. By stuck he meant sitting on his couch bawling like a baby and not being able to add or subtract because my brain was in 'What the h@ll does that mean?' mode. He kindly took my forms and walked me through it step by step. I was still in tears at the end, but it was done. Now Turbo-Tax exists and I have gone from crying to cursing, but hey- I get it done (sometimes even without his help). I wish you all an easy and profitable tax return.

No comments: