Thursday, January 11, 2007

Menu a la cheap

Ok, so here is the menu that I have devised for this weeks $56 challenge:

Friday: Stir fry
Saturday Roast chicken with bacon, sweet potatoes, onion and green beans
Sunday: Roasted red pepper and tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches
Monday: Out or frozen pizza (Going to see RHCP!)
Tuesday: Wonton ravioli with spinach and ricotta, spaghetti sauce and garlic bread
Wednesday: Honey mustard pork chops, brown rice and carrots
Thursday: Broiled chicken and potatoes with broccoli

Now, keep in mind that I am not including the meat or staples such as flour and seasonings. I don't menu lunches because we usually have leftovers from the night before and breakfast is usually cereal. Also, I already have things like potatoes and onions and rice. With that in mind I should be able to reach my goal.
But if I don't get over this cold my budget could be blown with things like saltines, orange juice and ice cream! We usually don't buy any of those. Snackies in the pantry mean tight panties!

No comments: