Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy to be normal?

I've never been one to be accused of normalcy, but now I am proud to say things have become more normal around here. The Thanksgiving festivities are concluded and we made our usual weekend trip to Lowes today. Now Mike is outside working on the yard, Gryffin is asleep and I'm making pumpkin bread. Life is good at the moment.
Of course, my house is a DISASTER area. I don't think I've had the opportunity to really clean in a few weeks and if I don't vacuum soon we will have lovely grey wall to wall doghair carpeting. My MIL came over the other night and I was mortified when she said those inevitable words she always says when over here, "Can I use your bathroom?". Somehow I don't think she really needs to use it, if she does she is the fastest pee-er in the world! I just think she likes to check up on my housekeeping. I used to get offended, now I'm just like "Whatever, sit on my fuzzy toilet and breathe in my doghair air because I just don't have time to care anymore". Now, however, I'm starting to get a little grossed out by it. Since she is coming Tuesday to pick me up for a power shopping session I guess I better roll up my sleeves and scrub something/everything. Well, except the kitchen. No matter what my kitchen is clean. There may be a few dishes from the night before in the sink but that is about it. I can't stand to have a dirty kitchen, it wakes me in the middle of the night. Weird, huh? Well, I can sit here and continue to moan about it or I can do something to remedy it. (Now, if more people/relatives would adopt that way of thinking?!) Off to clean!

No comments: