Friday, September 01, 2006

Long time no post!
I celebrated my 34th birthday with antibiotics. Woo Hoo! Yup, one dose of it told me that I would rather be sick than take any more. So, I chucked the remaining pills down the toilet and set my mind to healing. My bday was pretty low key as I hadn't even gotten out of my pajamas all day. Mike gave me a new cookie scoop that I wanted AND tickets to a concert. Cindy Lauper at the Pageant! I am really looking forward to it. As a child of the 80's Cindy will always hold a special place. Afterall, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
Mike's Pa (grandfather) is having surgery today. They found colon cancer was the culprit of his dramatic blood loss. Please pray for him and his family.
Mike has taken a few days off to do stuff around the house, he says. Personally, I think he took them off because sitting behind a desk worrying about an ailing loved one would've driven him insane. When he is up doing something he has something to preoccupy him a little. I won't complain! He has already reconfigured the desk so Gryffin can't get at the computer and moved the cable cord. Again, so Gryffin can't mess with it anymore. He has mowed the lawns. The back yard looked it should have had some PBR cans scattered and maybe a broken down washer in it. He has hinted at putting his tools away and giving me the garage back, but I won't push that issue. At least, not until the cold hits. I don't park outside when its cold- period.
Oh did I mention that while I was sick he came home everynight, took care of dinner and Gryffin and did some housework?! Yup, I think I will keep him.

No comments: