Sunday, September 03, 2006

Its Sunday...

Usually Sundays get me a little down as its Mike's last day home with us. But tomorrow being Labor Day, he doesn't have to go to work! YEAH! I know, I know, he's been home since Thursday but can I help it if I like having him around? Although, I don't know how much he's going to be around today as he has work to do over at Granny's house. While she is at the hospital visiting Pa, Mike is going to 'air out' her house and do some cleaning. Granny lives like a mushroom. She doesn't like fresh air, sunshine or pretty much anything green. She never opens the curtains or windows and prefers dim artificial light. I could live about a day like that before I went bonkers!
As soon as it gets below 70 at night we have all the windows open and don't close them until we are shivering during the day, unless it rains of course. One of the first things I do in the morning is open the blinds. My parents, lucky ducks, usually have their morning coffee outside on the patio and eat many meals outside too! Mom and Dad took a little rundown greasy drive in restaraunt and turned it into a little oasis. They are smack dab in the middle of the city but you couldn't tell, at least not until the school bell rings or a train goes by. Mike and mine's goal is to someday own a little piece of woods and be able to enjoy our morning coffee outside, maybe watching the water of a little creek go by and listening to nature. Slap up some solar panes, a wind turbine and a well and goodbye world!

No comments: