Friday, February 24, 2006

Why can't everyone find their rabbit and monkey?

Today Mike told me about a friend of ours that is separating from his wife after only a few short years of marriage. We had both suspected problems for awhile but hoped that we were wrong. Divorce is something that happens too often and too easily now a days. My parents divorced when I was young; however, that was a good divorce. Not that it was easy and amicable but that it was better for them to separate than to stay together for all parties involved. Staying together for the kids sake isn't always a good thing. It was also good in the fact that my Dad found his soul mate and I got my soul Mom. My step-mom is more my Mom than the woman who bore me. Divorce is something that was very real to Mike and I, his parents are also divorced. Before we decided to get married we decided to get our ducks in a row. Most marital problems are monetary. Luckily, I'm pretty good at pinching pennies. We spent YEARS pinching and squeezing and down right strangling those pennies. Now the only time we fight about money is when Mike tells me to spend it on myself and I refuse. We also waited until we were older and had both done some living. Mike as a roadie for a band and me living on my own and learning to stand on my own two feet.
We wish everyone could find their rabbit, Mike's nickname for me and their monkey, my nickname for him.

No comments: