Friday, February 17, 2006

Burdens and bad memories...

I have released a major burden. Fourteen years ago I left college only one semester away from graduating. This was not by my choice, eventhough I hated that school. You see, when you go to a private college you run out of education when you run out of money. There is no Christian kindness for the underprivileged when the bottom line is at stake. I came back to the Midwest, I don't really call this area of the country home eventhough I grew up here. I found a job, then another and even a third just to pay for the student loans that were due. I struggled like this for a few years and was lucky enough to get my foot in the door at a large investment firm. The company treated me very well, promoted me several times and even found me a husband. Ok, they didn't exactly do that but it is where I met him. To make a long story just a bit longer... This week the last of my student loans have been paid in full. I can now truly release this, the debt and the memories associated with my unpleasant college experiences. Higher education taught me two things: 1. Don't judge a person by the scripture on their T-shirt and 2. Your life is exactly what YOU decide to make of it.