Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Pa Update

Pa is still in the hospital, but as of last night was finally able to eat. After getting the menfolk haircuts we all headed to visit with him. I was really apprehensive about it. Not that I didn't want to see Pa but because I wasn't sure how Gryffin would handle it.
All the way there we talked with Gryffin about he needed to be three things: gentle, soft and quiet. He was awesome, even shushed Mike when he was talking to the nurse. When we got to Pa's room he was sound asleep, which kind of scared Gryffin. He clung to me like a baby monkey and I could tell by his face he was scared. Mike quickly checked Pa's chart to see what he had been up to that day and we headed home.
It was important that Gryffin see where and what his Daddy has been doing lately. I'm hoping it will not only solidify his awesome view of his father but also help with the 'I want my Daddy' tantrums.

No comments: