Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Kiss-a-moose!

Yeah, some may think that is sacrilege but I don't. I haven't found anywhere in the Bible where December 25th is proclaimed Jesus birthday. Nor do I find anywhere that tells us to celebrate it, only to commemorate his death. In my research, I have found where ancient Christians started celebrating during this time to coincide with the pagans who were celebrating the Winter Solstice and used this time to try and convert them.
I know many of you feel different and that is great. Diversity is a wonderful thing. Especially in this country where many have fought for the right to say what they feel and practice the religion of their choice without persecution.
So, Merry Kiss-a-moose and Merry Christmas, I wish you all peace, tolerance and love in the New Year.

No comments: