Thursday, October 05, 2006

Date night, what do I wear?

Mike and I are celebrating our birthdays tonight. A little late, I know. He received a gift certificate to a nice restaurant from his Mom and he bought me tickets to see Cyndi Lauper. Yes, I am a child of the 80's and damn proud of it. If I still had my crinolyn skirts, fingerless lace gloves and enough hairspray to kill the ozone I would dress for the occasion.
The two of us don't get out much so when we do I like to take advantage of it and savor every moment. I miss dating- my husband anyway. All the other losers I dated I definitely don't miss. Some still give me nightmares. Like the guy who took me shopping for his new wrestling shoes and didn't speak to me through the whole date. The guy who took me to the movies but insisted on walking out 3/4 of the way through to get his money back, cheap bastard. The guy who tried to impress me with the fact that he had worn his best bibs (overalls) and tank top for our date. Yup, that one was in Tennessee, go figure. Or the Bible major studying to be a preacher who took me to the middle of a cornfield. That date was the shortest on record. Funny how fast he drove with the threat of losing his favorite body part looming over his head. Now, why don't I care for organized religion again?!
Anyway, I digress. The beginning of Mike and mine's relationship was very different than most couples. We hung out as friends for quite awhile first, along with my at-the-time fiance. Long story short, fiance went bye-bye and Mike and I kept hanging out. Funny how things work out, ex-fiance is happily married with his own kids, so are Mike and I and oh yeah, ex and Mike still work together. Yup, funny.
Uh oh, I hear Gryffin calling me. Better get him up and dressed, me too for that matter!

No comments: