Sunday, December 18, 2011

Update!

I lost 10 lbs!  More importantly- I've kept it off thus far and with Thanksgiving in the mix I'm pretty proud of that.  This diet plan made me look at cooking (and eating) in a completely different way.  I couldn't use ANY fat or oils, not even non-stick spray, no fillers like rice, pasta or potatoes and no sugar.  I learned a lot:
1. Unless it is fried, it doesn't need oil.  Using a non-stick or well seasoned cast iron pan can eliminate the need for oils.
2. Cauliflower can be a lifesaver.  When chopped fine, it makes a great substitute for rice. 
3. Stevia tastes pretty good in coffee.  In fact, I now prefer it to sugar. 
4. Hunger is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  The first sign of dehydration is... hunger!  When a cup of hot tea didn't work a piece of fruit did.

No comments: