Friday, February 27, 2009

Ok, but I'm not wearing overalls.

Yesterday I received a much anticipated package in the mail. Seeds! I'm planting my (first ever) vegetable garden. Not now, of course. It is still too early despite averaging one or two 70 degree days a week. I do plan on starting the seeds inside in paper egg cartons. Why? Because I refuse to spend money on stupid little plastic trays that only end up in the landfill. Woo Hoo, I feel my tree hugging, hippie traits rising to the surface again! Break out the tie-dye and crank up the Dead! Just kidding, although I do own both.
I have this dream of walking out to the back 0.40 and cutting some lettuce, spinach, tomato and pepper for a salad every evening, picking and snapping green beans and cutting into a fresh, ripe cantaloupe. Now I know this dream may not happen. I may just end up crying over dead, wilted vegetation, but at least I know I'm going to give it my all.

No comments: