Monday, October 13, 2008

No rest for the wicked

I'm ready for the rest and relaxation of toddler chasing. I spent Saturday helping Beqi paint her living room the most gorgeous shade of coral. Its a perfect match for the mid-century kitsch of her house. I'm jealous. I got home around 6, ate a quick fajita that Mike was so wonderful to make and started in on scouring the kitchen and digging out the craft room. Weird, but working hard only makes me want to keep working until I drop.
Yesterday I finished off the craft room. Our neighbors, Paul & Sara (aka, Gryffin's girlfriend) gave us a really nice futon that I put in there. It is now MY room. A TV and DVD player, sewing machines, crafty crap, my knitting supplies, a lamp and a comfy place to curl up and relax. I spent the day cleaning and organizing, making everything pretty.
Yesterday I also picked up a nice metal rolling cart for a $1 at a yard sale. It has a drawer and door with two shelves inside and a towel rack. It looks vintage and I'm suspecting that it's pretty old because they don't make stuff that heavy anymore. Today I have to scrub it down and prepare it for a quick coat of paint. Mike agreed to let me buy it since I knew exactly where it would go. I'm putting it in the kitchen to hold my heavy duty mixer and mixing bowls.
Mike and I made an agreement a long time ago that we can't bring anything new in without knowing exactly where it will go and what it will be used for. This cut down our level of clutter dramatically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooooo much for your help this weekend. I can't even believe it's the same house! Now for the awful carpeting, bwa-ha-ha!