Thursday, October 23, 2008

The economy is in the toilet, the dirty, germ infested, paraphernalia scattered, gas station toilet. Now, I'm not saying this is a good thing, but maybe there are some good lessons to be learned. Since our grandparents generation this country has never been much for earning and saving. We grew up in an era of instant gratification with credit cards, fast food and prepackaged meals. My generation has no idea how to go without or cook from scratch. We don't know how to darn a sock, patch holes in jeans or fix a leaky sink. I have a feeling that these are lessons that are about to be learned and very quickly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good god, and it's about time. Screw these stupid, shallow, self-obsessed, shortsighted, spoiled brats. It's time we learned to live like our grandparents did, with the pulling up of bootstraps and stiffening of upper lips. When people spend more on their cable bill than their school taxes, they deserve a swift kick in the priorities.

Anonymous said...

OK, I can darn a sock and cook from scratch, but I have a feeling my cable bill is more than our school taxes. Either way, keep your boots off of my priorities.

Beqi Clothing said...

You can darn a sock? I'm actually kind of impressed with that.

It's a much better skill than, say, spitting homemade moonshine into a fire pit.

;)

Anonymous said...

Handier perhaps, but not nearly as much fun.